Friday, September 10, 2010

Food

I think that the key to being healthy is all about what you eat and how active you are.http://www.healthyforms.com/eating-right/benefits.php People are constantly raving about the latest diet or diet pills and to me it all seems very excessive and exhausting. It has become acceptable in society to eat certain foods daily that should only be consumed as a treat maybe once or twice a week. For me, it is a no brainer to eat healthy. I prefer a fruit parfait to pasta any day of the week. Along with maintaing a healthy diet comes exercise. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/exercise/HQ01676. Over the past couple years working out has become an everyday routine for me. I feel better about myself when I can go to bed at night knowing that I ate healthy and got a decent workout in. Healthy foods that I fill my mini dorm room fridge and desk shelves with are granola, soy milk, orange juice (packed full of vitamin C because I HATE COLDS), all bran cereal, cantelope, blueberries, nonfat yogurt, nutrigrain bars, tea, and string cheese. I think that having a healthy diet is important for every person and helps boost confidence which I believe is they key to sucess.

2 comments:

  1. Good post and so true of course. Eating healthy and exercising is actually not very complicated but I think has been made to seem complicated by all the conflicting information/competing interests. Just eating simple, unprocessed food and exercising is all you need to know, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly. All the diet trends out there make it seem like being healthy and losing weight is so difficult when its really not at all. Its a no brainer for me which is why I am always so confused when people make it seem like such a chore!

    ReplyDelete